
I'm looking to build a garage in the near future and the start will be the slab on grade. I've done some site prep work in the past like operating bobcats and power tampers, and I'll rent some machinery to handle deliveries of crushed rock and sand. Get the subsurface compacted and ready for a pour, then laying out and forming the area.Is it crazy to think a husband, wife and a concrete truck can handle a single car garage slab pour? What about a double car garage? What about breaking that down into 2 pours and tieing together with epoxy and rebar? I see that happen all the time on slabs in commercial construction, huge slabs poured a section at a time, then hammer drilled for rebar insertion, then adjacent slab poured days/weeks/months later. No problems seem to happen even when it's not "monolithic"I'd rather do it at once simply for concrete truck cost though.Screeding doesn't look too hard. Maybe manually tough (bent over at the waist, walking through 6" concrete, pulling a 2x4 together). Where I get lost is the curing/finishing stages. Trowels and all that. I'd still like to try.I'm not hoping for perfection on finishing. Good enough for a shop floor, vehicle storage, and to frame a garage over.
Comments
Post a Comment