
I'm planning a play structure (ninja course) for my back yard. The main part will be a rectangle 8 feet wide by 12 feet long with 4x6x12 posts set 4 feet deep in the ground for an 8 foot tall structure. The long sides will be connected at the top by 2x12x12 and (3) 1/2 inch carriage bolts at each end. The 8 foot sides will have another 4x6 post in the middle and they will be joined at the top by 1.25 inch galvanized tube. The center posts will joined long ways by 2 more 2x12x12s. This will basically form 2() 4x12 sections. One side will have monkey bars and the other side will be lache bars (like monkey bars except there are only 2 rungs and they're about 8 feet apart (adjustable distance). My questions are:Does this design seem like it will have enough lateral stability for a 150lb person to swing from one bar to another 8-10 feet away? Would I need an A-frame type support at the ends going in to the ground?Can I set the pressure treated posts directly in the ground and tamp around it without using gravel or concrete? I've researched this method, but it doesn't seem popular.Does anyone have an suggestions for padding the vertical posts? Pre-made pads are really expensive and I've only seen them for 4x4. I plan on using 6" deep rubber playground mulch for the ground.Any ideas on how to make the monkey bars spin freely? I've looked at all types of mounted and pillow block bearings..., but those options seem like overkill and really expensive.Thanks
Comments
Post a Comment